The school is organised by The Chinese Christian Church of Amoy, and was built on 40,000 square feet of government land. Construction of first eight classrooms commenced on 4th December 1955 and completed by September 1957. A full-day English primary school was opened with the addition of a large auditorium on 7th July 1958. The dedication ceremony was held on 28th November 1959. By March 1967, the second and third floors were added offering space for a further ten classrooms as well as a dedicated physics and chemistry lab. The English secondary school was opened in September for the beginning of the school year. By March 1972, construction of the north wing commenced, allowing for further nine classrooms which was followed up with the construction of the east wing, completed in May 1975, adding seven additional classrooms, separate offices for primary and secondary school, library and an indoor sportsground - which became the existing 34 classrooms and auxiliary units still in use today. The secondary school opened in 1967 with only three classes of F.1, one class of F. 2, but steadily growing to F.7 year after year.
Policy changes introduced in 2000, meant that school places in private schools were no longer purchased by the government, therefore encouraging our school to converted into high school. However, after the implementation of the 3-3-4 system in Hong Kong’s education system resulted in the temporarily closed secondary school in 2014, and sent application for operation of kindergarten and other specialized courses.
Provide holistic education according to the truth of the Bible. Foster an environment for children to receive a comprehensive and dedicated education in moral, intellectual, physical, social, aesthetic and spiritual areas, inspire children’s inner potential. We believe to cultivate children's creativity and imagination, following Christian principles to establish a good character, a spirit of self-discipline, and grow in faith, hope, and love.